I was so pleased to see and hear students encouraging each other and helping each other! I work with awesome kids!
Thursday, September 12, 2013
Buddy Reading
We spent some time today re-reading the story I introduced yesterday, called "Two Old Potatoes and Me". We are focusing on making connections as we read. We stop often, at least once a page ( or more often, if you're making more connections) to think if what we've just read reminds us of something that has happened to us or someone we know, something we've read, something we've watched, or something we've heard about before. Making connections helps us understand what we're reading better as we can indentify with the character's thoughts and feelings, helping us to understand the text better.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









What a great looking "Bunch of Readers" Grade Three! Keep on reading and writing you guys, I will be checking in often to see what's up!
ReplyDeleteMr. Mcdonald