Thursday, January 24, 2013

Trading Places

We've been reading a selection in our Nelson Literacy series called Trading Places.  It's an online discussion board about what school was like for kids in pioneer times.  It's a discussion between a teacher and students in her class.  We thought this would be a great time to talk about internet safety and also have a our own discussion!
So, here goes!
I'm wondering if you would like to be a student in pioneer times.  Explain why or why not.

16 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I would like to be a pioneer because,It would be fun to live out in the wilderness and in a log cabin.Some kids had to ride a horse to school and I think that would be fun,but kids had to do lots of chores:(

    From:Damian

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would like to be pioneer because they got to ride horses to school and walk or even go on a sled.


    Mattlyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would like to be a pioneer becuse when it is winter you would have deep snow to play in and it would be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it would be cool to be a pioneer kid because if you lived far away from school you could ride a horse to school if you had one.And they where lucy,thair school year was shorter than ours because they had to help harvest the crops.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would not like to be a pioneer because when it is winter time and you would need to go to the bathroom you would have to walk outside to the outhouse when you get in it would be coold like you just waiked out side.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I would like to be a pioneer because there school years are shorter than ours, and if they lived far away they get to ride horses
    witch would be fun but they had alot of chores.
    Love,
    Beth:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. no I would not like to be a pioneer if you breck a bone you would not go to school and I like school alot,if you be bad you would get the stap and you have to go outside

    by chris

    ReplyDelete
  9. no i would not be a pioneer because i would.nt want to get strapped up and get hit with a ruler.and pioneer kids do not get to go to school so long.

    by tallulah

    ReplyDelete
  10. yes i would like to be a pioneer stodent. Because i would like to use quills to write with.No i would not like to be a pioneer stodent. Because if you where bad you would get a rouleror stick. kaylee

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes I would like to be a pioner. Becuuse they got to ues quills to write with. you would get smackt with a ruller or a
    stick.


    by Jadyn

    ReplyDelete
  12. I won't want to be a pioneer because I won't want to get hit on the hand with a ruler or tree branch.
    Preston

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would like to be a pioneer because there school year is shorter than ours.They go to school from November to April.Pioneer were never bord,they had lots of chores.I don't want to be a pioneer because they used a outhouse.

    kaelina

    ReplyDelete